The Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP) recently announced new funding available for its EV charging station rebate program. LADWP will open enrollment windows on February 20, 2024 and June 17, 2024 for both Level 2 and Level 3 EV charging stations.
Below, find some requirements listed on the LADWP Commercial EV Charging Station Rebate Program website:
Level 2 Charging Stations for Light-Duty EVs
- J1772 connector, with an output power of 6.2 kW or more
- Installed on or after June 1, 2022
- At least two parking spaces available to employees, tenants or the public to qualify for one charging station rebate. One additional rebate is available for each additional 4 parking spaces up to a maximum of 40 rebates per premises.
- Charging stations with more than one charger are eligible to receive an additional incentive of up to $500 per port.
DC Fast Chargers for Light-Duty EVs
- Guaranteed output power of 50 kW or more per active connector.
- Installed on or after June 1, 2022.
- The following two fast charging connector types are eligible: SAE CCS and Tesla.
- A minimum of 50 percent of all rebated connectors must support SAE CCS.
- A maximum of eight DCFC rebates are available per premises, but only up two DCFCs may have restricted access. All other DCFCs must be publicly available 18 hours a day, seven days a week, excluding holidays.
- DCFCs must be connected to a back-end network operations center for the duration of the required in-service period (minimum five years), which enables remote diagnostics, remote start, and usage data collection.
Rebate amounts may vary based on EV charging station type and if the property islocated in a disadvantaged community.
Rebate and incentive programs like the ones offered by LADWP can help properties offset the cost of EV charging projects, sometimes covering up to 100% of costs. Support from local utilities is key to the country’s electrification goals and overall climate change missions.
How Chargie Can Help
At Chargie, we specialize in finding the best programs to plug into to provide our clients with EV charging stations at little to no out-of-pocket costs. We handle everything from applying to the programs and submitting the required paperwork to installing the charging stations and providing ongoing maintenance and support. With Chargie, property owners get a truly turnkey partner, and drivers get simple, intuitive charging. Learn more about our turnkey solution.
The places you park most of the time become places you can charge at any time. Our 98%+ availability means you’ll return to a fully charged car and our 24/7/365 customer care provides drivers and clients the support they need at every turn.