Did you know that a wide range of ev charger rebates and incentives can completely cover or significantly reduce the costs of purchasing and installing electric vehicle (EV) chargers at a commercial or multifamily property? A number of federal, state and local programs exist to offset costs, grow the country’s charging network, and promote the adoption of EVs. As a result, many Chargie clients have 100% of their project costs covered.
California Leads the Nation
When it comes to growing EV ownership, California leads the way. In February 2022, the state announced it surpassed “1 million plug-in electric cars, pickup trucks, SUVs and motorcycles sold in California – more than the total sales in the next 10 states combined.” Given this rapid growth, it follows that funding for chargers to power these vehicles is a crucial part of California’s plan for the future.
Here are some of the programs available to multifamily and commercial properties within the state. More information about these programs can be found here.
- California Energy Commission
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) – Charge!
- Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE)
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE) – FutureFit Assist
- San Joaquin Valley – CALeVIP
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District – Charge Up!
- Anaheim Public Utilities (APU)
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) – Charge Up LA
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE) – Power Your Drive
- Southern California Edison (SCE) – Charge Ready
The details of each program vary and are subject to change based on funding availability. To stay plugged in on new rebates and program updates, subscribe to Chargie’s emails.
Applying for Rebates and Incentives
The process of applying for these rebate and incentive programs can be complex. Property owners will need to have a solid understanding of the programs they are eligible for, the documents required and the electrical capabilities of their buildings. A few things to note:
- Projects are often required to have a clear plan for installation, which includes charger layout designs, permits, construction schedules, testing procedures and more. Chargie’s turnkey solution handles every step of the process.
- Some rebates and incentives can be combined, maximizing funding for a particular project. Chargie’s Programs Team can assist in determining which programs can be stacked together.
- Program funding won’t last forever and is often issued on a first come, first served basis so interested property owners should act quickly.
How Chargie Can Help
At Chargie, we specialize in finding the best programs to plug into to provide our clients with EV charging stations at little to no out-of-pocket costs. We handle everything from applying to the programs and submitting the required paperwork to installing the charging stations and providing ongoing maintenance and support. With Chargie, property owners get a truly turnkey partner, and drivers get simple, intuitive charging. Learn more about our turnkey solution.
The places you park most of the time become places you can charge at any time. Our 99% availability means you’ll return to a fully charged car and our 24/7/365 customer care provides drivers and clients the support they need at every turn.